07 April 2013

"Like" is a Conjunction, not a Button

You know, like, I was pretty much raised in the 70's and, like, this was the way we talked!


But, anyway - Like - What's up?

As you can tell I have been away for about:
  • 2 months, 3 weeks and 3 days - but who's counting

I have been butt-free, smoke-free for:
  • 3 months, 2 weeks - yay me!
I'm not going to lie, it has not been an easy task.  The first thing that pops into my head when I am Stressed - Depressed - Hormonal - Ecstatically Happy is a cigarette.  And, it takes total willpower to Not go and bum one off of a smoker on the street or drive to the local 7-11 and buy a pack of smokes.  And, I will not lie, I have driven to 7-11 or the petrol station and Sat in my car.  But, in the end, I kept it real y'all!!

Okay, so I am going to share some wonderfully creative slang words from my era.. and yes, you will notice some of them are still used today..

  • Psyche
  • To the max
  • Bogus
  • Don't be such a spaz
  • Far out
  • In your face
  • Keep on truckin
  • Gag me with a spoon
  • Bitchen
  • Bummer dude
  • Cool beans
  • Copasetic
  • Doobie (if you know what that is, lol)
  • Loadie
  • Fag hag
  • Faked you out
  • For sure (but in the Valley we said fer sure)
  • Geek
  • Get real
  • Gnarly (lol my Bro still uses that word - what a geek)
  • Gody or Grody to the Max
  • Jonesin
  • Later days or Later skater (if you skated)
  • Mellow out
  • Narc (that's what I was when my Bro would have a party)
  • Primo
  • The rabbit died (okay, this was something that the fast gals used)
  • Rad
  • Stoked
  • Streakin (was actually a trend in my era)
  • Tubular
  • Totally
So, this just might explain my generations lack of grammer skills or it was the fact that we were more than likely a bit stoked from sucking on a primo doobie in the parking lot before English class. (we can ask my Bro about that - joking?)

Sorry this is short and sweet, but I am "supposed" to be resting today.  Ha!

One of my New Favorite things:
 Saught 
by PeaceMakers, for PeaceLovers: we are a social business which creates products from landmines and unexploded ordnance (UXOs) to support sustainability in post-conflict countries.

No comments: