As promised..... I'm sharing my Negotiation Workshop with you :) yeah..
Promoting Constructive Relationships for Negotiations
Remember: "The people are not THE problem, but they can be A problem"
Distinguish between Negotiations and Negotiators
- Two aspects of every negotiation:
1. Substantive issues (the meat of it)
2. Relationship issues (soft aspects of interactions with people)
- Address each, but don't link them
1. Negotiate with a "partner" not an "opponent"
2. Navigate disagreements better
3. Avoid 2 pitfalls
- Pitfall 1: Sacrificing the relationship for short-term substantive gains
- Pitfall 2: Giving on substance expecting a better relationship
Again, separate the people from the problem.
Remember the negotiation and the negotiator have something in common.
More to come...
Live Long & Get what you Need!!